Sort stage with keychange

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

johnthomas
Participant

Sort stage with keychange

Post by johnthomas »

I need to remove duplicate records and used sort stage to do that . I used keychange option to flag the duplicate records and use the filter stage to get the duplicate records for exception logging .(since remove duplicate does not have a reject link) . My requirement we need to reject same record (if repeating keys are for different customer records , we need to reject the same customer across diffrent job runs). seems sort does not work for this ,so need to use transformer stage for this .

any idea to make this to work with sort stage
JT
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I fail to see how even a Transformer stage could recognize duplicates "across different runs". Can you please elaborate on that?

Meanwhile, the Sort stage itself (or input link sort) allows you to perform a unique sort. Would that do it for you?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
johnthomas
Participant

Post by johnthomas »

Hi Ray,
What i meant by "duplicates across different runs" using transformer stage is that we need retain the same record( based on the fields which are not part of the sort keys) and reject other records to maintain consistency.
.I was able to do that using sort option (key fields)in the partition option and then sort by specifying the keys in the sort stage.while specifying the key i specified the do not sort option for the key fields so that it is part of the cluster key and addtional attribute as key with sort option . It finaally works

:D

was not able to read the full message since it shows as premium content :x
JT