How to catalog DSServer and DB2 present on other server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran259
Participant

How to catalog DSServer and DB2 present on other server

Post by kiran259 »

Hi,
We know how to catalog connection for DB2 and DS which are in the same server.But,in an environment where DS is kept on one server and DB2 is on the other server,How do I catalog these two servers?
To be clear:
DS-IP addr1(172.16.1.103)
DB2 -IP addr2(172.16.1.104)

OS is IBM AIX.
DB2 is installed in DS server to access local database.If we want to access database present in the other server(1.104) how to create a connection between '1.103' and '1.104'??

Where should I do the changes in DS??

May I have a solution for this??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It helps if you think of DataStage from the perspective of the database server as "just another client application". Therefore, what you require on the DataStage server machine is exactly the database client software that you would need for any other client application.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran259
Participant

Post by kiran259 »

Ray,
I am still vague for your answer.Could you justify it ? I understand what you have said but I am not clear to implement.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

set up DB2 on the server which is running DataStage so that you can issue "DB2 connect ..." to the DB2 instance. Once you can do that, you will be able to do the same thing from DataStage.