alignment tables ....

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aschand
Participant

alignment tables ....

Post by aschand »

hi

Can any one please explain me how to create alignment table from the spread sheet in datastage 8.0.1 parallel edition

Thanks for your help in advance
aschand
Last edited by aschand on Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It seems that you don't consider READMEs to be worth reading and that the use of the builtin search engine isn't of any interest to you either.

Perhaps you can rethink your urgency and why it should affect the members of this forum.

In addition, the concept of an "alignment table" is not a general IT one; meaning it is most likely some term specific to your implementation and you won't get any useful replies unless you explain what you are looking for detail.
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

hi

im new to this DSXCHANGE forum and regarding my request... it is that to create a table called alignment table from where i can get all the spread sheet data and can make it as a source table in DS

the alignment table stages the data without any changes... it groups or collects same type of data together and creates an id for it...

now my question is how to get that spread sheets data into a table

thanks
aschand
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

So your question is how to read Excel table from Windows DataStage.

Declare the Excel sheet as an ODBC system DSN and read it from a job.
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

Thank you... but can you please be more clear to understand exact process as im new to datastage also

thanks
aschand
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Setup an ODBC System DSN (not a User DSN) uing the ODBC driver for Excel. Select the Workbook that you want to access. This step has nothing whatsoever to do with DataStage - it is performed with the Windows ODBC Administrator.

In DataStage import the table definition for each worksheet that you wish to interrogate. Note that Excel presents worksheets as system tables.

Design a DataStage job that reads rows from the worksheet and disposes of those rows in accordance with your specification document (for example a source-to-target mapping).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Procedural Note

We don't do "urgent" here and that goes double for Sundays. If you want "urgent" sign up with your support provider and learn the true cost of "urgent". DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose participants post as and when they can.

Premium Membership

Premium membership costs less than 30c per day and allows you, among other things, to read the complete posts of the premium posters, which often contains the solution you seek. Revenue from premium memberships is 100% devoted to the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aschand
Participant

Post by aschand »

ray.wurlod wrote:Setup an ODBC System DSN (not a User DSN) uing the ODBC driver for Excel. Select the Workbook that you want to access. This step has nothing whatsoever to do with DataStage - it is performed with th ...

hi im not a premium member...so can you please tell me how to see what you have posted completely
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Enrol as a premium member.

Premium membership is one of the ways that this site is funded. I am neither inclined nor prepared to prejudice that; I find this site too useful to allow it to die through lack of funding. To make even one exception would create an unacceptable precedent.