job sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

swathik
Participant

job sequencer

Post by swathik »

i hve 3 jobs.in job sequncer this three jobs r connected using job activity stage.(jobactivity1->jobactivity2->jobactivity3).can we run the three jobs at same time prallely.i ma new to datasatge px pls help me.

thanks in advance
APT.Minhajuddin
Participant

Post by APT.Minhajuddin »

You can run the three jobs in a parallel fashion in Datastage. But, this decision would depend on your requirement. Now, are your three jobs completely independent? i.e. no job reads from a file created in another job. If they are then you can.

You just have to add the three jobs to the sequence and not connect them in sequentially, that will make them run parallely.
swathik
Participant

Post by swathik »

APT.Minhajuddin wrote:You can run the three jobs in a parallel fashion in Datastage. But, this decision would depend on your requirement. Now, are your three jobs completely independent? i.e. no job reads from a file created in another job. If they are then you can.

You just have to add the three jobs to the sequence and not connect them in sequentially, that will make them run parallely.
i have tried it but it isshowing job seq aborted

thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you post why they aborted?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Could you post why they aborted?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may need to look in the logs of the jobs run by the job sequence as well as in the log of the sequence itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Grammar Notes
  • In English sentences begin with a capital letter.

The present tense plural form of the verb "to be" is "are", not "r".

The first person singular pronoun is always capitalized: that is, "I".

I believe that what you meant by "prallely" is "in parallel". There is no adverb of which I am aware based on the adjective "parallel".

The adverb you intended to use in your final request is spelled "please", not "pls".

Here at DSXchange we do strive to maintain professional standards of English so as to minimize the difficulty for those participants for whom English is not their first language.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Re: job sequencer

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

swathik wrote:i hve 3 jobs.in job sequncer this three jobs r connected using job activity stage.(jobactivity1->jobactivity2->jobactivity3).can we run the three jobs at same time prallely.i ma new to datasatge px pls help me.

thanks in advance
This post may help you
viewtopic.php?p=259229&highlight=#259229

Thanks