Director Job Schedule is not working

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ambasta
Participant

Director Job Schedule is not working

Post by ambasta »

Hi All,
I had scheduled all of Datastage parallel job last month using director and the jobs were running fine.but for past one week it is not getting triggered.When i am scheduling the job for the same day by checking the radio button of today and scheduling it for any time it goes well..but when i m scheduling it for a week by checking the radio button of Daily and then sunday ..monday etc ..its not triggering the jobs..any idea why it is bahaving like this ???Thanks in advance..
ambasta
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Dont "re-schedule". Try unscheduling your job and schedule it again.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Thanks DSGURU..
I did that... even i deleted the job and reimported and then scheduled ...but no luck
ambasta
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

what does your "crontab -l" command display?
ambasta
Participant

Post by ambasta »

Sorry to bother you again..but again where do i execute this command ..
If in Administrator then then the output is "crontab is not in your Voc".Please guide ..Thanks
ambasta
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStage uses the crontab functionality (on UNIX) to schedule jobs. This is a UNIX command you need to execute to list what UNIX sees as the list of jobs to execute.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you get any errors/warnings when trying to schedule jobs? The crontab command will allow you to see whether the jobs have actually been queued. If they have not, ask your UNIX system administrator whether the permissions for cron and at commands have been tightened. You might also ask whether the cron daemon is actually running, but it usually is.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.