Warning in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saugat_1982
Participant

Warning in a job

Post by saugat_1982 »

HI all

Wish u a happy new year.
I am getting these warnings (here I am giving some of the examples of the warnings but I am getting in all stages ) in each stage/attribute of a Job where I am using a Join stage, one Transfer and two modify stages and few dataset/Teradata PE.
can you please help me to sort this out ?
TDE_Preselect: File tera_cs.txt either does not exist or contains no values for ICU charset 'Adobe-Standard-Encoding';
ISO-8859-1(ASCII)for network attached and EBCDIC for Channel attached is used instead .
TDE_Daily_Snapshot: File tera_cs.txt either does not exist or contains no values for ICU charset 'Adobe-Standard-Encoding';
ISO-8859-1(ASCII)for network attached and EBCDIC for Channel attached is used instead .
Saugat Dey
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IBM's International Classes for Unicode, orICU, is the mechanism via which parallel jobs handle multiple character sets. You can also get information from the IBM website

The xyz_cs.txt files are the names of the character sets that are supported by the xyz stage. Clearly your Teradata character set file lacks a character set called "Adobe-Standard-Encoding". I think you need to inquire through your support provider.

For interest, NLS is in server jobs because it pre-dates ICU. ICU is a cleaner approach to character set mapping particularly in a C language (or PHP or Perl) environment. Server jobs have NLS because ICU did not exist when the need arose (version 2.5) for character mapping capability.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.