null and duplicate

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreddy
Participant

null and duplicate

Post by sreddy »

Hi

i am loading data in to DB2/AIX64.
My source data is CSV file. My targe table has primary key.When i ran the job i am getting data with warnings.

any one resolve this please.....

Warning:
Source_data,0: Field "column_Index" has import error and no default value; data: {N U L L}, at offset: 123

Cheers
Sreddy
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, you can resolve this. Search the forum for "has import error and no default value" - this has been asked and answered quite a number of times already.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

sreddy,

Seems your data has some null values fot the field 'column_Index' but in the source metadata you might have explicity made those fields as NotNull. If you have used it correctly, the only reason would be source and metadata mismatch.

And, as Craig said, there are lot number of posts where this issue was discussed earlier.
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why don't people read the messages?!!
:roll:

From Source_data (on partition #0 as it happens) a row has been read that contains the characters "NULL" in positions 123-126. Presumably this is one of the fields defined in the record schema. This field needs to have its Null Field Value property set to "NULL" and, optionally, a Default value set with which to replace the null.

Just for interest, the curly braces are DataStage's way of reporting a raw string. Non-printable characters are printed as two-digit (or four-digit) hexadecimal representations, for example {J O H N 09 S M I T H}.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sreddy
Participant

duplicates

Post by sreddy »

Hi All

i used default value for all columns at source sequential file metadata, then ran the job.

Job is successfully completed. 17 records are not inserted.
I assumed those are duplicates. Bucause in target i have Primary key.

I found below:

Trg_stage,0: Warning: jobname.Trg_stage: This update action 'update or insert' is not compatible with parameter array binding. Array Size property will be set to 1.

suggested me.

cheers...
SReddy
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is a completely different issue and warrants a separate search and/or thread.

Your original issue (the occurrence of "NULL" in your data) appears to have been resolved. Please mark this thread accordingly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.