Adding Text field

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

joffijoy
Participant

Adding Text field

Post by joffijoy »

Hi,

I am using a transform stage to add(append) text filed. That is, I declared my keyfelds as 2 set of stage variables( previous and Current) in Transform stage. First Current is moved to Previous. Then Current gets data from Input link. Then, Current variables are compared with Prevous stage variables. If they are same Input Text is appened to Stage variable Text. If they are different It is written to output with Stage variable text (Now Text Variabel has all the text record for same set of records ) and Stage text variabel is initalized.

My issues is Last record is not getting written to out put. Does any one know why is this happening and how can I correct this issue?

Thank you,
Joffi.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Think through what you've designed. You've probably created a design that doesn't emit the last row. Test your algorithms on paper. Possibly the easiest approach is to add a dummy last row to your source data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
joffijoy
Participant

Re: Adding Text field

Post by joffijoy »

Used a row genetrator to create a dummy record such that after sort the dummy record becomes the last one. The remaining logic remains the same and hence the dummy record got rejected.

Thank you,
Joffi Joy.