Query About join stage in PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Deepakinstyle
Participant

Query About join stage in PX

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi All,

I have a job, where calendar_dt from source file should match the calendar_dt from a file, which is created by querying a table.

i just wanted to know if the join condition fails, does the job fails too?

in my case, the job is not failing and clearly data is getting loaded as it should be.

I have included the above job in sequence, as the above job doesn't fail the sequence also shows success.

please let me know about this.

thanks in advance,
Deepak
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Deepak,

If the data is loaded as it should be why abort the job?

In the join stage you cannot abort a job. Use the lookup stage and set the lookup fail property to abort.

The transformer allows you to abort the job using the Abort after rows property.

If the job does not fail why should the sequence fail? The sequence aborts only if any of the job aborts and the trigger condition is set appropriately to abort the sequence.

--Rich
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A join condition failing would result in zero rows. This is not a failure of the job (or whatever else might generate the SQL).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Deepakinstyle
Participant

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.....
Is there any way to abort a job after join produces zero records.

Thanks,
Deepak
Deepakinstyle
Participant

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi Rich,

Thanks for your suggestion....
now the job is aborting using lookup stage if lookup fails.

now i have to reject these records or file which fails lookup.
am getting error message like this.

"Reject link is not allowed unless an input reference link failure property is set to reject"

please give ur inputs

thanks,
deepak
AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi,

As per my understanding,in the lookup stage constraints there are two options:
Condition Not Met and Lookup Faliure.
If you have given some condition and if your requirement states that if the condition you have mention
is not satified then you want to fail the job, in that case put Fail in that tab.
Now in Lookup Failure according to your requiremnt if you want to fail the job , if the lookup fails ,
then set it to Fail.
If you have only one link and for both the option you have entered it as Fail, then your job will not
comiple. You ca not achieve both.. :roll:
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi Deepak,
Error: "Reject link is not allowed unless an input reference link failure property is set to reject" .Means you did not specified the lookup stage condition correctly.Go to the lookupstage and check the condition.There you have to give it as lookupfailure reject.And take some sequential file,link it to lookup stage and send those rejected recods to the sequential file stage.And also check the data.

Cheers,
ds_sai
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Deepak,

Your lookup stage should have 4 links altogether.

1. One input link 2. One reference link 3. One output link and 4. One reject link if you set the lookup failure condition to Reject.

I think you have 2 reference links. Just click on the specific reject link and right click and change it to reject link.

HTH
--Rich
Deepakinstyle
Participant

Post by Deepakinstyle »

Hi All,

Thanks for your valueable suggestions.
I got it. it has been resolved.

thanks,
deepak