Installation requirement for DataStage 8

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mydsworld
Participant

Installation requirement for DataStage 8

Post by mydsworld »

What is the min RAM size required for installing an IIS client. I heard it is 2 GB. Please clarrify.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Yes, you need 2 GB of RAM. I tried to install it on a machine with 1 GB, but the installation failed just barely over 30%.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You can install the client on a RAM challenged machine if you first beef up your virtual memory. Find your "My Computer" icon, right click properties, go to Advanced tab, click "Performance Settings" button, go to Advanced tab, click on "Virtual Memory Change" button. I've set this to a minimum of 2G and maximum of 4G. It's stayed at 2G. I also set it to be on C and D drive due to disk space restrictions. This may lead to slower application performance but should get the software running.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

HORRIBLY slow, in fact. Even 2GB physical memory is a lower limit - much better results can be had with 3GB or more. (And, yes, that's just for the client.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.