Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

svipul16
Participant

Post by svipul16 »

Hi,

Is there any method for getting job names and there ids which are in the sequencer.i.e when i run sequencer i want to collect the log information of sequencer which has sequencer id,job ids,jobname,seq starttime,end time.

Thank u

vipul
anandkumarm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: log information

Post by anandkumarm »

HI
Try using dsjob -logsum <project_name> <jobname>
if that is what you are asking for
Thanks
svipul16 wrote:Hi,

Is there any method for getting job names and there ids which are in the sequencer.i.e when i run sequencer i want to collect the log information of sequencer which has sequencer id,job ids,jobname,seq starttime,end time.

Thank u

vipul
svipul16
Participant

Post by svipul16 »

No, if i run sequencer i want the jobnames and there ids which are running in sequence.
thanks for ur reply

[quote="anandkumarm"]HI
Thanks
svipul16
Participant

Post by svipul16 »

No, if i run sequencer i want the jobnames and there ids which are running in sequence.
thanks for ur reply

[quote="anandkumarm"]HI
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't know about V8, but at 7 there is no automated way of doing that directly that I can think of. But you can get at this information using the builtin routines; one of the returned values of DSGetJobInfo() is the parent job - which would be the calling job sequence. So if you looped through all jobs and got the runtime log information you wanted for each job whose parent is the job sequence you would have your result.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

I have a job included with EtlStats which will check to see if any job failed in a sequence called EtlChkSeqJobsNotRun. It is all job control so you have source code. It will email the log file as an html attachment any group of people you want if a job fails.

So the logic to figure out which job is in a sequence is in this job.
Mamu Kim