Passing non-group columns from Aggregator Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Passing non-group columns from Aggregator Stage

Post by ds2000 »

I want to pass through Non-Group columns (char and date type) from the Aggregator stage. I can't use join stage to combine columns back.

what conversion code i have to use for Char and Date type to pass the data from Aggregator using Max function.

Or any other suggestion ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get your head around the fact that you can use Join stage to join the columns back. If "they" say you can't (that is, aren't allowed to), then fight it out with "them".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds2000 »

Any Other suggestions ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's known as a "fork join" design.

Code: Select all

----> Copy  --------------> Join ---->
       |                     ^
       |                     |
       +---> Aggregator -----+
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ds2000 by Private Message wrote:I was not able to see the complete message and if i can get the details of it. I would subscribe to premium membership now.
"If you give me a dollar for a hamburger today, I will gladly repay you next Tuesday."
J. Wellington Wimpy

Premium membership, as I am sure you have already read, is about paying for the hosting and bandwidth costs incurred by DSXchange. Thus I am unwilling to create any precedent of subverting it. I regard DSXchange as a valuable resource. That's why I support it. Unconditionally.