Incomplete column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aquilis
Participant

Incomplete column

Post by Aquilis »

Hi all,
i have job which reads the sequential file and writes data to the oracle Database.metadata for the sequential stage holds nearly 50 columns but i may get only 30 columns from another file,which i need to load it from the same job.so my question is like is their any option in parallel extender like 'Incomplete column' as in server edition sequential stage.I dont think parallel extender have this kind of option,if no then is there any alternate simple way to handle this kind of files.
Aquilis
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

If it is just direct load, then you can use RCP to propagate the columns. Don't define any meta data in the job. This might work, not very sure though. How are you loading the data into Oracle? what options are you using?
Aquilis
Participant

Post by Aquilis »

Maveric,

Its not really a direct load,i am doing pivoting after extracting the data from the file.so i cant go ahead without mentionig the metadata.I know we can handle it very easily in server jobs but not exactly in parallel extender.Is anything i can do with format,i dont have any delimiter as End of record.I have only single record in every file.
Aquilis
Aquilis
Participant

Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead

Post by Aquilis »

Now i decided to read whole data in a single field and carrying out the further transformations.But now encountered with another warning message as :
Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead

My file has no Record End Delimiter,and contains ony a single record.
so what should i do to suppress this warning.I dont want to carry this warning.any suggestions with PX.

Thanks
Aquilis
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your record lacks a record delimiter. DataStage is informing you of that fact. You could try setting or unsetting the Final Delimiter property. Otherwise use a local message handler to demote the message to informational.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.