Director info:'substring_1'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

Director info:'substring_1'

Post by dnat »

I have got the following in my director log. Couldnt infer what it means . Can anyone explain what it means and what would be the impact.

APT_CombinedOperatorController(2),0: Numeric string expected for returned value from function call 'substring_1'. Use default value.
Numeric string expected for returned value from function call 'substring_1'. Use default value.
Numeric string expected for returned value from function call 'substring_1'. Use default value.
Numeric string expected for returned value from function call 'u_string_of_space'. Use default value.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, because operator combination is preventing us from determining the operator that is actually generating the message.

I suspect that you have a substring function, in a Modify or a Transformer stage, in which one of the numeric arguments is being supplied with a non-numeric value. But it is not possible to verify that suspicion from the information you have provided.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.