problem in filter condition---

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aaha_naga
Participant

problem in filter condition---

Post by aaha_naga »

I have a seq file with the input colums of ZIP_END_DT_DEF,MBR_ADR_ROW_EFF_DT,ZIP_EFF_DT_DEF,MBR_ADR_ROW_END_DT.

while i am checking the condition (ZIP_END_DT_DEF>=MBR_ADR_ROW_EFF_DT) And (ZIP_EFF_DT_DEF<=MBR_ADR_ROW_END_DT). i am getting 119925 output rows. but my expected output rows are 119813.

since i am getting 112 rows extra and within this 24 rows are not matching(satisfying) condition given above.

All columns are date datatype and length is 10.
:)
Mayur Dongaonkar
Participant

Post by Mayur Dongaonkar »

Try to do data comparision by using iconv functions.
Mayur Dongaonkar.
aaha_naga
Participant

Post by aaha_naga »

i could not comprehend your reply. please let me come once again
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Read all the data from the sequential file and then use a transformer stage to check the condition and filter the records.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How many input rows are there? Create a second output from your Filter or Transformer stage that handles the logical inverse expression (or use an Otherwise/Log output link). Let us know what the row counts are.

If you are in a Transformer stage, use the expression editor to build the expression; that is, avoid typing column names where possible. Typing only leads to typing errors.

Check your output data set to verify that the expression is satisfied in every row in the data set; your expectation may have been awry.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aaha_naga
Participant

Post by aaha_naga »

my input rows are 122843. and fisrt(input) stage--then transform stage-- then output(seqfile) stage.
in my output i am getting 119925 records. within this 24 rows are not satisfying my filter condition. 0 rows are Otherwise/Log output link
aaha_naga
Participant

Post by aaha_naga »

my input rows are 122843. and fisrt(input) stage--then transform stage-- then output(seqfile) stage.
in my output i am getting 119925 records. within this 24 rows are not satisfying my filter condition. 0 rows are Otherwise/Log output link