DataStage Certification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jaya_joseph
Participant

DataStage Certification

Post by jaya_joseph »

Hi All,

I would like to take datastage certification. Can anyone advice me which material do I need to study?Do I have to buy any books?
I searched in the net, but it dint give a satisfactory result.So please help me...
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Did you search here? Look at this post:

viewtopic.php?t=90117
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Did you search here? Look at this post:

viewtopic.php?t=90117
jaya_joseph
Participant

Post by jaya_joseph »

Maveric wrote:Did you search here? Look at this post:

viewtopic.php?t=90117
If i'm not wrong i think the link tells about classroom session courses for the certification. India is not there in the list..
Is there any material as such or some books?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

SO search the IBM India web site. Learning services (India) can be found here
Contact Learning Services (India) by phone on +91-80-22063489
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I've put some links at http://www.squidoo.com/datastage. You can pass certification using the product documentation. Avoid the online certification guides that demand up front payment - they are frauds and are made up of copy and paste from the standard guide books. There are no published books on this topic.
rexsmith
Participant

Post by rexsmith »

Last week i took my certification and I cleared it successfully. Most of them are scenario based questions . You need to have a complete understanding of partitioning, sorting ,combing . Go thru the advance PDF guide. Its very helpful especially on how to use env variables. Topics which are listed under test 415 in IBM website will give you an idea abt the test too.