Access User Defined variables in Parallel Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krystlecsy
Participant

Access User Defined variables in Parallel Routine

Post by krystlecsy »

I have read through the threads on the problems of accessing the User Defined variables in Transformers. Hence, I am trying to access the User Defined variables with the Parallel Routine (by writing a C program) and retrieve the values and pass it to the Transformer instead.

Now I hit another problem, it seems that the Parallel Routine is not getting the values from DataStage.

The C code is very simple with a statement below:-
strEnvironment = getEnv("<PARAMETER NAME>")
Did I miss any steps? :?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

getEnv() gets environment variables' values, not job parameter values.

Investigate the programming chapters in the manuals for information on how to use DataStage API functions to get information out of DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krystlecsy
Participant

Post by krystlecsy »

In the DataStage v8.0, the problem with the retrieving User Defined Variable in the transformer has been resolved.

The syntax is:-
GetEnvironment("<User Defined Variables>")

Hence, routines are not required anymore. :D
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Technically this is not a solution to the original question, though I believe I provided one in my response.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.