DataStage Exposure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

senthilt1
Participant

DataStage Exposure

Post by senthilt1 »

Dear Friends,

I am working on server jobs for 1 year. Before I enter into Parallel job just i wanted to know whether am completely aware of all the things in server side.

Could you please tell me what all i should know in Server job?

Thank you Friends,

Warm Regards
aakashahuja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by aakashahuja »

Firstly, you should have told us what you already know. Secondly my friend, even If someone tells you a hundred things you still need to know, how long will you wait to learn them and then start PX.

So my advice is, start with PX now. Your work will teach you many things on the way. And any ways, 1 year in server should have given you a good base to start.

So good luck.

Cheers
Aakash
L'arrêt essayant d'être parfait… évoluons.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

I, for one, would find it impossible to record on this forum all I have learned about the product over the past 12 years.

Try opening the Server Job Developer's Guide at random. See whether there's anything there that you didn't know before.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
senthilt1
Participant

Re: DataStage Exposure

Post by senthilt1 »

Hi Aakash

AM sorry for not giving the proper informations.

I will start working on parallel jobs as you suggested which sounds good.

Thanks a lot Aakash

Warm Regards
Senthil