Reporting on Information Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

iDomz
Participant

Reporting on Information Server

Post by iDomz »

Hi,
I could see a few topics on reporting for datastage using custom routines and etlstats.
I would like to know if we can now plug-in a formal reporting framework(Cognos?) now on Information server now that it supports db2, oracle etc for metadata repository. Are the job stats also recorded in the db2 system or is still universe.
Does anybody have any documentation on the metadata repository data model.
Does extracting the data from the db2 system violate any T&C if we are not going to use the repository for any other purposes that IS.

I know it is a lot of questions and should be possibly directed to IBM, but you guys happen to give me quicker (and effective) responses :)

Cheers,
D
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

I am not sure about getting Reporting stats from Cognos Report Studio yet but I could extract Metadata from Cognos 8 Model through Metadata Workbench 'Import Export ' Client. I could also import Cognos Model metadata through DataStage after installing Metabrokers and bridges.

I am interested in knowing how to leverage existing Cognos data in DataStage version 8 too.

Regards,

Aruna.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You could point a reporting tool at the Information Server tables and try and work out where the ETL operational metadata is stored. It's a bit early to see IBM-Cognos product tie-ins but we may see workbenches etc bundled in a future version. The tricky part is that this makes the product more complex to install. The reporting in version 8 uses the WebSphere app server and browser interface. Cognos would add an extra server component.