how can we check password is encrypted in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dstest
Participant

how can we check password is encrypted in a job

Post by dstest »

HI,

Is there any way we can query DS tables to check whether password is encrypted in jobs or not, because i need to check all the jobs before moving into PROD .

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no convenient way from the Repository, because the collection of parameter properties is nested within the job definition record and, as well, because there are two sets of default values - design-time defaults set in Designer and run-time defaults set in Director.

You're probably best to create a routine that attaches the job(s) you want to check, then calls DSGetParamInfo() with an InfoType argument of DSJ.PARAMTYPE - if this returns DSJ.PARAMTYPE.ENCRYPTED then you have an encrypted parameter. That is, one whose type is Encrypted.

Whether or not this technique works for encrypted environment variable job parameters I have not been able to determine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.