ODBC Timeout Expired Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RobertScarbrough
Participant

Post by RobertScarbrough »

It appears that I am using 4.2 DataDirect drivers which are not compatible with MS SQL Server 2005. I got the version from the odbc.ini file, I'm still trying to figure out from a Unix command line how to tell which version is truly loaded.
RobertScarbrough
Participant

I wanted to update everyone with the resolution that we had for this. We eventually found jobs that would drop the connection after 5 minutes. The issue dealt with AIX 5.3 TL5 where a bug was introduced dealing in this version with TCP/IP packets being dropped due to keep alive issues. Patching with the following corrected the issue.

bos.net.tcp.client.5.3.0.54.bff 4 R S bos.net {

bos.net.tcp.client 05.03.0000.0054 1 b B En_US TCP/IP Client Support

If you are experiencing issues with ODBC and want to troubleshoot , using the example.c in the branded_odbc/example directory is a good way to eliminate many things.
s_porkalai
Participant

Re: ODBC Timeout Expired Error

Post by s_porkalai »

hi boss if you had solved this issue, could you please share that information with me.
thanks & Regards
A.S.Porkalai Lakshmi
RobertScarbrough
Participant

Re: ODBC Timeout Expired Error

I did, it was an AIX patch issue in my case and I referenced the offending pieces.