working with sequential file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

balu124
Participant

working with sequential file

Post by balu124 »

Hi ,
I need to extract the data from a sequential file and load it into a target which is also a sequential file.

The thing is source is a delimited file with first line as column names ,I can view the data in the source using "view data option" in the source stage. I want the target also in the same format as delimited and first line as column names .

But after run the job I got the target with data with final delimeter even I skip that property in the format tab what should I do to get the data without fina delimiter.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Set the Final Delimiter property value to None.

If you have only one link in the job, you will need to put some innocuous stage (such as a Copy stage) between the two Sequential File stages.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
balu124
Participant

Post by balu124 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Set the Final Delimiter property value to None.

If you have only one link in the job, you will need to put some innocuous stage (such as a Copy stage) between the two Sequential File stages. ...
Hi ray,
I tried by putting none for the final delimeter option even I am getting the output with delimeter
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Prove your design. How many columns in the record schema, and how many fields appear in your output file? What happens if you change the Final Delimiter character (just for the test) to something else, say ";".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.