Zombi

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

attu
Participant

Zombi

Post by attu »

uv -admin -info returned this

46570 Zombi: No active process found!

I did a select and it returned 0 records.

>SELECT NAME FROM DS_JOBS WHERE JOBNO='46570';

0 records listed.

Any clues whats going on?

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sure, 46570 is a process number so your search of DSJOBS won't return anything. I assume you missed the trailing "e" on Zombi. This would be a process that is waiting on a signal from a process that no longer exists.I'm not sure from the context if you even have a pid 46570 on your system and even less idea what your problem is. Could you explain what you are attempting to do?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you have the DataStage deadock daemon (dsdlockd) running?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you have the DataStage deadock daemon (dsdlockd) running? ...
Ray the deadlock deamon is not running..

What are the user segments when you do a -admin -info...
I can see 100 active user segments, 74 printer segments abandoned and 26 phantom printer segments!

any clue whats causing this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The term "printer segment" is a hangover from the UniVerse database which DataStage used to use for its Repository. There is one associated with each process. The word "phantom" - likewise originating in UniVerse - simply means "background process".

That you have abandoned printer segments means that there are shared memory segments to which a process is no longer attached. These should be able to be cleaned up by the deadlock daemon. Try (as superuser) running it in probe mode:

Code: Select all

$DSHOME/bin/dsdlockd -p
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

Ray,

The jobs which are supposedly hanging and not closed properly can be handled by dsdlockd -p , right? Instead of a kill .....

If the jobs are locked and then released from ds.tools or unlock command, would the dsdlockd.log still show the cleanup status.

How different is dsdlockd -p than using ds.tools option 4 then 7 (logout a process from job)

Thanks, appreciate your time and help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

dsdlockd -p cleans up the shared memory, locks, etc., after the processes have been logged out (or become ineligible). It does not perform any logout operation.

The logout options from DS.TOOLS, etc., may not be able to log out ineligible or non-existent processes. In that case, try MASTER OFF user from inside a dssh environment, where user is the "UniVerse" user number, not the process ID. Both the user number and the process ID are listed in a LIST.READU report.
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

Thanks Ray...excellent info