Unused jobs and logfiles in project folder...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unused jobs and logfiles in project folder...

Post by stefanfrost1 »

Hi,

I browsing through the project folder on our produktion machine and i am seeing thousands of job directories that hasn't been run for over a year. We recently removed alot of unused jobs using manager but i am afraid that the RT_LOGSxxxx, RT_BPxxxx, RT_BPxxxx.O, RT_CONFIGxxxx, DS_TEMPxxxx.

I wish to delete any unused item and their corresponing files. Will they be removed using REINDEX or is there any way for my to list any unused file based on any vaild id in the repository?

What will happen if i remove these 1 year old files using rm?
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Catastrophe if you use rm, so don't. You need to be aware of the fundamental interconnectedness of all things in the Repository.

Why not switch to Detail view in Manager which shows the date/time modified and select jobs from there for deletion?

You can also get a list from DS_AUDIT.

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE EVERY DTM < '2006-01-01';
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stefanfrost1 »

I've now purchased the premium membership and as i don't know when it will become available to my dsaccount I cannot read your entire post just yet. However its impossible that some of these files have valid jobs since the oldest job (run/compiled) i can find is from februari and some files are from last september.... so i am wondering how and why they are still in the unix library (hence my rm question)....
-------------------------------------
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/bi-aj
my blog on delivering business intelligence using agile principles
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

With exclusive access to the account run DS.CHECKER. This will remove orphaned files associated with any incompletely deleted jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stefanfrost1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by stefanfrost1 »

Great thanks Ray!