Error accessing Oracle Enterprise stage in parallel jobs.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arvind_ds
Participant

Error accessing Oracle Enterprise stage in parallel jobs.

Post by arvind_ds »

I am using oracle enterprise stage to load data from oracle database table to a sequential file.
I have specified the properties of the oracle enterprise stage as required and when I click on "View data" button, I am getting the below error.

Oracle_Enterprise_0: connect failed for env: PNBFIN, user: FINUSR, password: *****
Oracle error: -2127

Note: I can connect to oracle database through ODBC stage successfully using the same credentials. I can also import oracle oci plug in meta data definition successfully. Also I can access the oracle database table through server jobs(Oracle OCI stage) successfully and that too by using same user id/password/data source name. Also I can connect to oracle database from unix sqlplus prompt using same credentials that I am using in oracle enterprise stage.It looks like the oracle enterprise stage properties are not set correctly.

Given below is my TNSNAMES.ORA file.

PNBFIN =
(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 10.204.20.6)(PORT = 1521))
)
(CONNECT_DATA =
(SERVICE_NAME = PNBFIN)
)
)

Please let me know how can I make oracle enterprise stage functional in parallel jobs.
Arvind
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That is the full error that you get? Never heard of that one and I couldn't get Google couldn't turn up anything for it either. Have you asked your DBA what that error means? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well all the import options you selected bypass the Oracle Cliebt. Can you import via orchbuil? If not then I would refer to the install guide and assure the UserID you are using has the correct priviledges and DSXE role established.