command line

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

landaghaar
Participant

command line

Post by landaghaar »

I have been running the jobs from client.
Now i have to call them from command line using dsjob.

what is the exact syntax? dont laugh. where do you specify the project, where do you specify the category?
for example the project is called DWSCM and under that are three categories for three departments. ETT, TLD and EDG
under ETT category we have some jobs for example jLOAD_ITEM

how can I call that job using dsjob?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No one is laughing, but we are wondering if you've read the documentation? Searched the forums? There are tons of examples of dsjob syntax here and a plethora of conversations on the subject.

Running 'dsjob' without any parameters will give you the expected 'usage error' and dump the proper syntax to the screen, at least the first level of it. You can drill down from there. The full discussion is in the Server Job Developer's Guide pdf in the DataStage Development Kit (Job Control Interfaces) chapter. Specifically, down near the end of that chapter in the Command Line Interface section. Everything you need to know is there. Give it a good read and then come back with more specific questions if you have any.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
landaghaar
Participant

Post by landaghaar »

I did, but where do you specify the category?

say in the project you have two categories and both categories have a job named jLOAD, how do tell dsjob to run which jLOAD?
landaghaar
Participant

Post by landaghaar »

I did, but where do you specify the category?

say in the project you have two categories and both categories have a job named jLOAD, how do tell dsjob to run which jLOAD?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't. Job names are unique, so that's all you need to run them.
-craig

landaghaar
Participant

Post by landaghaar »

Thanks, I figured that out by option -ljobs.

but this is a weak thing, you should be able to name what you want in your folder or category just like informatica.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Disagree, but that's the nature of opinions. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why? Job names are unique in the project, so the category name would be entirely superfluous.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why? Job names are unique in the project, so the category name would be entirely superfluous.

Source code for dsjob is provided (in the manual) so you can "roll your own" that accepts category name. Though I fail to see how it would provide any benefit. Heck, you could totally rewrite dsjob so that all its behaviours were "like Informatica"!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.