Netezza Connectivity - DataStage vs Information Analyzer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Netezza Connectivity - DataStage vs Information Analyzer

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi,

I am trying to find anyone who sucessfully connected Netezza to Information Analyzer.

We recently installed IBM Information Server and I am trying to connect to Netezza Performance Server. I successfully Connected to Netezza and retrieved Metadata from DataStage. But the same connection information is not working for Information Analyzer. I am getting 'Connection Failed' Error when trying to create a new DataStore.

I changed the server name to IP address in the odbc.ini file as per IBMs suggestion and it is still not working.

If anyone connected Netezza to Information Analyzer and DataStage successfully could you please let me know a solution.

Many Thanks,

Aruna.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try doing an ODBC trace on both to learn how they handle the connection differently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try doing an ODBC trace on both to learn how they handle the connection differently.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Aruna Gutti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Aruna Gutti »

Hi Ray,

The trace file is not getting created for adding a DataStore in Netezza Server.

Thanks,

Aruna.