ODBC table definition issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dnat
Participant

ODBC table definition issue

Post by dnat »

We imported a table definition of a table through ODBC. When we changed the column width for one table and tried to import it again with the same name(i.e replaced the table definition), the length of the column did not change.It shows the same definition as it had earlier. We tried many times, but there is no change.Any thoughts about what the reason could be and how to rectify it.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You could simply update the definition manually. Or delete the old one and reimport but that would hork your metadata linkage, I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

I tried to re-import the definition, but it still shows up the same old column length. If i manually change it , still i am not able to insert the data in that particular column as it still refers to the old one.
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

I tried to re-import the definition, but it still shows up the same old column length. If i manually change it , still i am not able to insert the data in that particular column as it still refers to the old one.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then it doesn't sound like you've actually changed the table you are importing. :?

You would obviously have to manually change the metadata not only in the Manager / repository but in the job(s) where you've used it as well.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dnat
Participant

Post by dnat »

This turned out to be an issue with the table that was created. We found out that We had not changed the field value in the table, and no issues with datastage.