decimal datatype handling in modify stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdev_123
Participant

decimal datatype handling in modify stage

Post by dsdev_123 »

hi,

i have a job from Oracle enterprsir stage to Dataset.the column QT from oracle has decimal dayatype. i am not changing the datatype of this column. In modify stage and in specification i just mentioned QT=QT and i want the output from modify to be QT with decimal datatype. the job is running successfully but showing errors like floating point decimal not fully supported adjusting the scale. I just want QT to be decimal in the output. I have given decimal(38,10) as precision and sclae in both input and ouput columns of modify stage for the column QT.

Can any one throw some light on this

Regards
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi,

Do a search. I think this has been discussed before.

Iam not sure but from what I recall is, the specification should have the precision and scale like QT=QT[38,10].

HTH
--Rich
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not just include QT in a KEEP specification?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mdan
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: decimal datatype handling in modify stage

Post by mdan »

dsdev_123 wrote:hi,
... I have given decimal(38,10) as precision and sclae in both input and ouput columns of modify stage for the column QT.
hi,
you should specify the conversion QT:decimal[38,10]=QT

== since you're not doing any conversion, this is a wrong answer == please ignore it == i cannot delete the post

dan
Last edited by mdan on Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dsdev_123
Participant

Post by dsdev_123 »

Hello Ray,

i did specify QT=QT in the specification. Do i need to specify KEEP QT in the specification.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, one or the other (not both). Usually I prefer to KEEP unmodified columns - it seems less work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.