Retrieve inforformation in Dataset Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bart12872
Participant

Retrieve inforformation in Dataset Stage

Post by bart12872 »

Hello,

I have a project with, let's say 1000 jobs. Among this job, there are dataset stage (input or output).

I Want to create a file with three colums :
1 - Job Name
2 - Dataset(s) input (file name + path)
3 - Dataset(s) output (file name + path)

I retrieve the list of jobs, i can determine the stage which are dataset, i can determine if the dataset is an input or an ouput dataset,
but It missed me the name of the dataset. I thougth i could have the name with DSJ.STAGEDESC or DSJ.VARLIST (DsGetStageInfo)
but those option return DSJE.BADSTAGE. (if I use for exemple the option DSJ.STAGENAME i don't have the return DSJE.BADSTAGE)

Is it possible to request directly the repository, as I do to retrieve the job's list ?

Anyone have an idea to do that ?

bart.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSGetJobInfo(hJob,DSJ.STAGELIST) will return a list of active stages. You may prefer DSJ.JOBFULLSTAGELIST to get all stage names. From that you will need to use DSGetStageInfo() to retrieve a list of link names, and from each link DSGetLinkInfo() can return information about the link. However, there is no DSGetLinkInfo() call that returns the name of the file/table.

To query the Repository directly you would need to find the correct record in DS_JOBOBJECTS. You can certainly filter on OLETYPE, but the Data Set control file pathname would be in an undocumented column. Right now I don't have access to Enterprise Edition, but perhaps someone could chirp in with the field number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.