XML Input Stage Parsing Failures

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Input Stage Parsing Failures

Post by sjordery »

Hi All,

Well, having had all sorts of problems with v8.0 and XML, we are now reduced to going back to v7.5.2 to try and push out a solution. This, however, is causing its own headaches.. and starting to really turn me off XML in DS! :evil:

Ok, we have an XML file that validates (in XML Spy) successfully against two xsd schemas - one called CommonTypes.xsd

The people sending the file are using .NET to produce it and tell us that it parses fine at their end.

I have set up an EE job that goes:

Seq File
||
\/
XML Input ----> Seq File
||
\/
Rejects

Seq File contains full path of the XML file.

When I try to execute the job, I am getting first, a couple of log entries moaning about:

XmlInput,0: Missing record delimiter "\n", saw EOF instead

I have tried amending the record and file level delimiters, but to no avail. The job runs though, and produces only Reject Link output as follows:

"XML input document parsing failed. Reason: Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: /data/CTGdata/ID_Master/input/CommonTypes.xsd, line: 1086, column: 36): The content type of the base type:'anyType' and derived type:'Category' must both be mixed or element-only.
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: /data/CTGdata/ID_Master/input/CommonTypes.xsd, line: 1094, column: 34): The content type of the base type:'Category' and derived type:'Organization' must both be mixed or element-only.
Xalan error (publicId: , systemId: /data/CTGdata/ID_Master/input/CommonTypes.xsd, line: 1101, column: 34): The content type of the base type:'Category' and derived type:'Instrument' must both be mixed or element-only......etc etc"

I'm not an XML expert, so am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction here. The .NET guys have suggested it might be a difference in parser that is causing the issues. Do you think that this is possible?

Any help gratefully appreciated as ever.

Regards,
S
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

Just to let everyone know...

The problem was that certain ComplexType elements had to be specified as MIXED=TRUE in the xsd file. Once this was done, the job ran.

I am still experiencing some issues - the job is running to completion with green lines, but no data or rejects are being written.. this is still under investigation, but the original problem posted above is resolved.