Oracle UPSERT commit intervals

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Oracle UPSERT commit intervals

Post by ArndW »

I have a job that set the following two values where I am doing user-defined UPSERTs to Oracle tables:

Code: Select all

$APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL=10000
$APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_TIME_INTERVAL=10
It seems that these values are being ignored. I've tried running with just the time-based or row-based settings and it seems that even then they are not working as set. Before I go and build a sample test case for IBM support I wanted to ask here if anyone has seen the same and might know an answer or workaround.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I put together a very simple job that illustrates the error, so I think it is a bug. I've submitted it to IBM support and will post the results here.
Sudhindra_ps
Participant

Post by Sudhindra_ps »

hi Arndw,

We had raised the same thing with IBM sometime back. But, they came back saying we need to set both the properties to very high level to get those properties work efficiently. I just tested them with high values and it works fine (in the sense whenever Job aborts the transaction gets rolled back).

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S
girish312
Participant

OCI Stg-Oracle Upsert - COMMIT for each row in parrallel Job

Post by girish312 »

Hi,
This may have been a close thread, but, found this as a related thread and hence would like to get some advise further on my question.

Just wondering if is it possible to commit by a single row in parallel job using Oracle OCI or ODBC enterprise stages. I have a situation where in I have to read and update the same table. I know I can do this with Server job using OCI stage, but wondering to know if I can do that in Parallel job also. I may be running into this situation where I may need to achieve this process as part of the parallel job, rather than the another server job..

Any thoughts are appreciated

Thanks,
Girish
Sudhindra_ps wrote:hi Arndw,

We had raised the same thing with IBM sometime back. But, they came back saying we need to set both the properties to very high level to get those properties work efficiently. I just tested them with high values and it works fine (in the sense whenever Job aborts the transaction gets rolled back).

Thanks & regards
Sudhindra P S