problem with the teradata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

siva4joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem with the teradata

Post by siva4joy »

hi,i am using teradata enterprise stage to load the data from a dataset.i am using replace option ie, drop the table then create a new table and load the data.The same job working in development box, but it is giving warnings on the system test box.following is the error.
APT_TeraWriteOperator:DB Call Failure(success check) Info = 0, Code = 3593, Message = No DATA parcel sent and request uses a USING clause.
APT_TeraWriteOperator:ExecuteImmediate failed for 'USING CIDPERSID(integer), PRDID(integer), SRC_SYS_KEY(varchar(20)) INSERT INTO BADA_PDW_SYT.DA_PDW_CC1K (CIDPERSID, PRDID, SRC_SYS_KEY) VALUES (:CIDPERSID, :PRDID, :SRC_SYS_KEY)'.
can naybody tell me what is the problem.Thanks for your help
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's different between the system where it is working and the system where it is not? Please consider non-DataStage differences as well, particularly differences in Teradata settings.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
siva4joy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by siva4joy »

we tried that also, we asked our DBA to check the settings and he says settings are same.
is there any additional insert statement we have to give other than USING?
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

Two things to be checked:

1. Permission for 'WORK' database
-Check whether you have appropriate permissions for the 'WORK' database.

2. Space allocated to 'WORK' database
-Check whether sufficient space has been allocated to 'WORK' db.
Durga Prasad
durgaps
Participant

Post by durgaps »

Two things to be checked:

1. Permission for 'WORK' database
-Check whether you have appropriate permissions for the 'WORK' database.

2. Space allocated to 'WORK' database
-Check whether sufficient space has been allocated to 'WORK' db.
Durga Prasad
aaron102
Participant

Post by aaron102 »

I am also facing the same issue.Since i am working in development DB i have all the permission and i checked out with the DBA and got to know sufficient space was available.

Can someone pls help with giving a few more pointers??
Good comes to those who seldom wish for it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Perhaps siva4joy can, since the thread has been marked as resolved.

Customary practice here on DSXchange is, when you mark a thread as resolved, to make a post indicating how it was resolved, so as to aid future searchers.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
aaron102
Participant

Post by aaron102 »

I have sent out a private message to sivajoy,hope i would get quick reply.But if someone else meanwhile can give me some help it would be appreciated.

Suggestion:If somekind of process was in place having to move a topic to "Resolved" Status only if a solution was stated in the thread,might have been a really helpfull to all.
aaron102
Participant

Post by aaron102 »

Found a solution [:D]

In Teradata Enterprise Stage,addional details should be given under Additional Connection Options as "SessionsPerPlayer= <Depends upon your requirement,i have it as 2> ,RequestedSessions = <Depends upon your requirement,i have it as 4> ,WORKDB = <LOG DB Name>" under the DB Options Mode.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Beware, with this approach, that you must have sufficient AMPS available to service the request. 2 x 4 = 8 AMPS.