reg:Datastage doult

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_sai
Participant

reg:Datastage doult

Post by ds_sai »

Hi all,

My O.S :Window XP Professional
Datastage: 7.5x2
I am having some free shell account in some public site i.e using ssh.
Can i connect that ssh shell to our data stage server i mean like telnet ?Is it possible means please let me know?If anyone have an idea please share with me?Thank you very much in Advance.

Cheers,
ds_sai
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This doesn't depend upon DataStage but on your system configuration and how your firewalls are set up.
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi sir,
Thank you,I really do not know how to see and do with ssh.Could you please guide me how to proceed and what needs to be done from my end?

Cheers,
ds
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi,
Thank you,I really do not know how to see and do with ssh.Could you please guide me how to proceed and what needs to be done from my end?

Cheers,
ds
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you TELNET to the DataStage server? If yes, then the connectivity is there and you need to set up SSH server and client. Which OS do you have and which SSH server are you using?
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

hello sir,
Thank you very much for giving this advice to me. As u said i did the same thing,telnet the data stage server.I was able to connect to data stage server using telnet in putty.My o.s is Windows XP professional and the ssh server is cyberspace.com.Could you please guide what is the next step to proceed?

Cheers,
ds_sai
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I looked up cyberspace.com and it is a portal; not an application. If ssh is installed on your server, can you execute a "ssh" command from a cmd32 window? If that command works then your server is running and an ssh command to that server from a remote machine should work, given that the remote and server can "ping" each other.

I just realized that you said "PuTTY" - that application has ssh connectivity built in and uses it (automatically, I think) when you give the IP address of the host you are connecting to.

Perhaps you are using ssh but don't realize it.