There are no sort keys in the dataset schema

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RayLade
Charter Member
Charter Member

There are no sort keys in the dataset schema

Post by RayLade »

Hi,
I have a sequential file going into a sort stage. There after it goes to a transformer, then onto another sequential file and dataset. The job seems to work ok, but it gives me the warnings:

main_program: Sort key "CATEGORYTYPEID" no longer exists in dataset schema. It will be dropped from the inserted sortmerge collector

main_program: There are no sort keys in the dataset schema. No sortmerge collector will be inserted.

Any suggestions as to where I should look?
Ray Lade
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Is the warning coming from the sequential file stage? If you have to preserve the sort order in the sequential file then you will have to specify collection type as "sort merge" and give the sort key.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In the Inputs link to the Sequential File stage, on the Partitioning tab, you have specified to use Sort Merge as the Collector type and have specified CATEGORYTYPEID as (one of) the column(s) on which to preserve sorted order - however, the columns list (schema) on the link (the virtual data set to which the message refers) does not contain this particular name.

The message is not related to the persistent Data Set that you are writing with the Data Set stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Maveric
Participant

Post by Maveric »

Is the warning coming from the sequential file stage? If you have to preserve the sort order in the sequential file then you will have to specify collection type as "sort merge" and give the sort key.
RayLade
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RayLade »

How do I tell which stage the warning is coming from?
I'd assumed it came from the sort stage...

The output sequential file stage had the collector type set to Auto.
I changed it to Sort Merge and selected CATEGORYTYPEID as the key, compiled and re-ran the job, but it gave me the same warnings.
Ray Lade
RayLade
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RayLade »

All is well now,
Added copy stage between Transformer and Teradata API stage and cleared the partition in the copy stage.

Thank you for your help
Ray Lade