Reg:Configuration file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage 7.5x2 will simply not run on Vista - I suspect it can't even be installed.

Is your F: drive local or remote? DataStage configuration file must be on a local file system on the machine on which DataStage server is installed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi Roy,

Previously my o.s is purely windows vista bussiness only,i tried to install datastage 7.5x2.But all the installation was going upto 33% and stopping,and it said "Must be root or base administtrator to run this process".So i tried in several ways to install in Vista.So dropped with that.Now i did dual.So on Windows XP,and Windows Vista Bussiness.My local drive is f:\ only.

Cheers,
ds
sanath1234
Participant

Post by sanath1234 »

ds_sai wrote:Hi all,
Thank you very much for one and all,for advising me about the parallelism.

I got one doult about data stage configuring the nodes.I am having dual o.s in my system,i.e 1.O.S:Windows XP professional 2.O.S:Windows Vista business.Based on this is it possible to create multiple nodes in my system?
If yes means can anyone please guide me with your valuable ideas how to proceed?

Cheers,
ds
No because u can use only 1 OS at a time there is one third party tool to swithch between the two os
ETL=DS
ds_sai
Participant

Post by ds_sai »

Hi,
Could u please tell me which type of third party tool i can use to switch between the two o.s ?Thank you.

Cheers,
ds
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't need any 'third party tool'. Can you not already dual boot your pc? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sanath1234
Participant

Post by sanath1234 »

chulett wrote:You don't need any 'third party tool'. Can you not already dual boot your pc? :? ...
By this third party tool we can only switch between the os without rebooting its will do nothing with the ds, as ds will be installed only on one os
ETL=DS
sanath1234
Participant

'third party tool'

Post by sanath1234 »

chulett wrote:You don't need any 'third party tool'. Can you not already dual boot your pc? :? ...
ETL=DS
sanath1234
Participant

Post by sanath1234 »

ds_sai wrote:Hi,
Could u please tell me which type of third party tool i can use to switch between the two o.s ?Thank you.

Cheers,
ds
By this third party tool we can only switch between the os without rebooting its will do nothing with the ds, as ds will be installed only on one os
ETL=DS