Metadata not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Metadata not found

Post by bikan »

I face a problem in DS 7.5.1 , which i can think of has no solution and DS is just crazy.

I have a simple job

Seq File Read ---> REM DUP ---> DB2 UPSERT ( with a reject link ).

I get the follwing error when I run the job, the stage is output reject stage. Basically the output reject stage is not able to see any Metadata.
Error msgs : -

fsqtranrskdtlrej: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "ARR_ID_CHAIN".
fsqtranrskdtlrej: Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "POST_DT".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "TRAN_CDE".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "TRAN_SEQ_NUM".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "ACCT_NUM".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CTRY_CURR_CDE".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "LEVEL_RISK_CTRY_CURR_CDE".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CUST_1_FULL_NAME".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "CUST_2_FULL_NAME".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "PROC_DT".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "TRAN_AMT".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "TRAN_DESC".
Error when checking operator: Could not find input field "TRAN_EFF_DT".

When i run the same job in Dev. env. every thing runs fine and the error occurs in prod. env. of a real time project. Also, the job used to work fine, rather this error popped out of nowhere.

I just want to know why the Metadata is not visible or else are there any special permissions on virtual datasets to funcion properly at runtime.

Any help is highly appreciated. I would also like the readers know that there are some NULL fields being exported into the sequential file, but i guess it has little to do with the error.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just to confirm - by saying the "same job" you mean one that was exported and reimported by yourself so that there is no chance of a mistake? Are DEV and PROD the same version with the same configuration files?
bikan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bikan »

Yes, it is the same job. The one exported and imported from prod to dev. The config file is also the same.

Only the user id used to run the job and connection parameters to database are different in both the evnvironments.

And as i said, it used to work fine until yesterday.

And also the above errors occur at the initialisation step , i e i mean no data has been read from the input source to be skeptical about the input nature of data.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check your job thoroughly. Make sure there are column definitions for every link in the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I seem to remember that much of the error message is printed out when you have bad userid/password/database parameters.