REINDEX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dspxguy
Participant

REINDEX

Post by dspxguy »

I am trying to do an export by category and it is throwing this error.

Code: Select all

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_SELECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project abc 
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107)) 
But seems to work fine when doing a whole project export.

I did COUNT DS_JOBS and COUNT DS_JOBOBJECTS, both returned some numbers. Do I have to do a DS.REINDEX DS_JOBS or ALL?

What is the cause of this error message?

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The REINDEX is likely to help you in this case, since (a) you can do a COUNT and (b) the error is shown in a SELECT subroutine. Since you need to get rid of all users, reindexing ALL is preferable.
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

Thanks AndrW

Will try to do a reindex today when all users are out.

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you do the REINDEX and log into the Director/Designer/Manager to find that you can see no jobs - don't despair, it means that there were users logged in during the REINDEX and you just need to do it again.
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

ArndW wrote:If you do the REINDEX and log into the Director/Designer/Manager to find that you can see no jobs - don't despair, it means that there were users logged in during the REINDEX and you just need to do it again.
Well, the REINDEX worked just fine and we are haiving no issues while exporting jobs by category.

Thanks much.