final delimiter for header record.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ds_user78
Participant

final delimiter for header record.

Post by ds_user78 »

Hi, I have a requirement to generate a | delimited file. The final delimter of the record also should be |. I specified the First line is column header to true. I set the record level final delimiter to |. I set the Field level delimiter to |. I am getting everything properly except the final delimiter of the header record. The header record does not have the final delimiter. Is there a way to get the final delimiter on the header record?
Thanks
sri1dhar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: final delimiter for header record.

Post by sri1dhar »

ds_user78 wrote:Hi, I have a requirement to generate a | delimited file. The final delimter of the record also should be |. I specified the First line is column header to true. I set the record level final delimiter to |. I set the Field level delimiter to |. I am getting everything properly except the final delimiter of the header record. The header record does not have the final delimiter. Is there a way to get the final delimiter on the header record?
Thanks
I think you should also be setting Record delimiter property.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not easily. You could echo the header to the file in a before-job subroutine and then set "header row" to False in the stage, which would then need to Append to the file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ds_user78
Participant

Post by ds_user78 »

Thanks every one for the replies.

Just wanted to post the solution so that it could be useful to some one. I used record delimiter string='|\n' and it worked for both the header record and the data records.