custom stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shivadas
Participant

custom stage

Post by shivadas »

Hi,

how do i build user define stage.
where do i do a coding for that stage
how do i call them.

Thanks
Shiva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Select the Stage Types branch of your Repository. Using the New tool/menu, create a new parallel stage type. Do your coding in the GUI exposed after you choose your stage type (build, custom or wrapped).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shivadas
Participant

custom stage

Post by shivadas »

ray.wurlod wrote:Select the Stage Types branch of your Repository. Using the New tool/menu, create a new parallel stage type. Do your coding in the GUI exposed after you choose your stage type (build, custom or wrap ...
i want to build my own stage... can tell me which is the best opton ........

generic/custom stage/ etc...

shiva
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Tell us what does your own stage try to accomplish.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What do you believe the purpose of each of these stage types is? Research the Advanced Parallel Job Developer's Guidenor on-line help. Then post a more specific question. And don't seek help via private message or email unless you're prepared to pay for that help .
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shivadas
Participant

Custom stage

Post by shivadas »

lstsaur wrote:Tell us what does your own stage try to accomplish.
it has to read schema file and do the lookup dynamically and out put the data dynamically.

i have writen .dll in wchich stage we can all the dll and how to send the parameters for that...

Thanks
Shivadas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You are claiming that you have written a ".dll". Please confirm that this is on a UNIX platform. You can, if you have a well-formed function, create a parallel routine (a definition of the interlude to your function) and call that from a Transformer stage. If your function is not well-formed, it will probably not work.
shivadas
Participant

.dll

Post by shivadas »

ray.wurlod wrote:You are claiming that you have written a ".dll". Please confirm that this is on a UNIX platform. You can, if you have a well-formed function, create a parallel routine (a definition of the interlude ...
i have create .dll file in windows using VB6.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So how do you propose to call your DLL from the UNIX machine? Leave DataStage out of the picture for the moment - how would you call your DLL from any UNIX application?!!
shivadas
Participant

call .dll

Post by shivadas »

ray.wurlod wrote:So how do you propose to call your DLL from the UNIX machine? Leave DataStage out of the picture for the moment - how would you call your DLL from any UNIX application?!! ...
Hi Ray,

Correct me if i am wrong

I have take Transformer stage from Stage types and created a copy of that stage.

If you open the stage and go for dependencies there you have an option to call a dll(user define/System define)...

please let me know, can i call a .dll from here or not. If not why is the option given. If yes it should be executed on server right which on UNIX...

Shiva
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's right - it needs to be executed on the same machine as the Transformer stage. That means that a VB6 DLL can't be used; it is specific to Windows. You need to create object or function library that can be called in a UNIX environment. This rules out the use of Visual Basic as the programming language.