Commit row interval for OCI stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

parag.s.27
Participant

Commit row interval for OCI stage

Post by parag.s.27 »

I am having more than 30 million records, and when I am inserting in the Oracle table via OCI stage it commits the transactions automatically after 64 records.

I checked in my env variables settings, the

Code: Select all

$APT_ORAUPSERT_COMMIT_ROW_INTERVAL=5000 

here you can see that commit interval is 5000 but still it commits on 64.
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Oddly enough I have a call open to support for a simliar issue - but in my case the settings for time-based and row-based commits are being ignored but the commit isn't done until the job finishes. What platform are you running on?
parag.s.27
Participant

Post by parag.s.27 »

ArndW wrote:Oddly enough I have a call open to support for a simliar issue - but in my case the settings for time-based and row-based commits are being ignored but the commit isn't done until the job finishes. What platform are you running on?
Hi,

I am using Oracle 10g and on Unix Box. I even tried and changed the settings of limit to 1000 but the job aborts with SQL loader fatal error. So when I removed the env variable from my job properties, it again atarted commiting on 64 records and worked fine.

Only issue is I am having records more than 30 Million, and it is taking too much time.
Thanks & Regards
Parag Saundattikar
Certified for Infosphere DataStage v8.0