Custom Parallel Routine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Custom Parallel Routine

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a custom parallel routine/function for re-usability. Is there any procedure or documentation that helps in understanding the steps to successfully build and use a parallel routine?

I tried searching but couldn't find any post that basically outlines/describes the steps required to achieve the goal.

Any help/advice/suggestions/pointers are greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Ronetlds
Participant

Post by Ronetlds »

email me - got info for AIX, not windows though. your compiler options would be different, as well as paths to object files. - elder700@yahoo.com
ds_debasis
Participant

Post by ds_debasis »

Ronetlds wrote:email me - got info for AIX, not windows though. your compiler options would be different, as well as paths to object files. - elder700@yahoo.com
Thanks Ron
Your document is exactly want I need. I'm not a pro in datastage. and I'm in this forum asking for implementing c/c++ but the solutions given to me was not enough for person with my experience to incorporate c++ codes into datastage.

I would like appreciate your quick reply to my mail with gave me confidence to build c++ object and calling it from Datastage ( 7.5.1 A). The document you send is a life saver for me.

Thanks is a small word in return, but still I'll like share this with everyone like me.

Debasis
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

The document is really very good. Thanks for sharing it.

sAM
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Where is the document, is it on a per request basis? :?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I think it is on a per request basis. I'm still working on the windows version (7.5x2). Will post once I'm finished.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
shivadas
Participant

C++ code

Post by shivadas »

Ronetlds wrote:email me - got info for AIX, not windows though. your compiler options would be different, as well as paths to object files. - elder700@yahoo.com
Hi,

Can you please send me that file...
even i am working on similiar issue...

Thanks
Shiva
shivadas
Participant

C++ code

Post by shivadas »

Hi,

Can you please send me that file...
even i am working on similiar issue...

Thanks
Shiva
shivadas
Participant

Custom stage

Post by shivadas »

I_Server_Whale wrote:I think it is on a per request basis. I'm still working on the windows version (7.5x2). Will post once I'm finished.
Hi,

I am also trying same thing.... but dont know ... can you share me the doc which can explain how to create and refer c/c++ objects and use the build in classes....

shiva
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

I cannot share it because I'm not the owner of the document. Please contact 'Ron' at elder700@yahoo.com to request a copy.

And please do not post duplicate messages and do not create a urgent situation as this site operates on a voluntary basis. That will only delay postings by 'premium posters'.

Thanks,
Whale.