Job Parameter as part of DataSet name

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Job Parameter as part of DataSet name

Post by jreddy »

I am trying to name a dataset
as the String 'Reject' concatenated with the job parameter #RunDate#

I have done that with Sequential files, but with DataSets, the output file name does not have the translated value for the job parameter.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

With a Data Set (or File Set) you are specifying the name of its control file.

This certainly can include job parameter references - it's a regular "pathname".

Please note that the name of a Data Set control file must have a suffix of ".ds". Best practice is to allocate a directory (perhaps a subdirectory of the project, perhaps a more central location) in which Data Set and File Set control files can be corralled.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

Thanks Ray,

I have used two job parameters one for rundate (timestamp) and another one for directory path

and in the reject datasets, i have the names as
#directoryPath#/Reject#Rundate#.ds

but hte output ds file is named exactly the same way, with the '#' and all and without the job params being evaluated..

what am i doing wrong?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That suggests that the job parameters are not thus defined in the job properties dialog.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That suggests that the job parameters are not thus defined in the job properties dialog.