Creating dynamic table.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

UPS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Creating dynamic table.

Post by UPS »

Hi,
Newbie Questions :?:
I am reading sequential files using file pattern & trying to load temp tables for each changing time period(YYMM). I need to pass parameter to Oracle stage to create tables with changing YYMM?

Thanks in Advance.
SP.
kris
Participant

Re: Creating dynamic table.

Post by kris »

Have a JOB parameter for the period and use it as part of the table name in the DATABASE stage.

something like
TEMPTABLE_#Param_Period#

Every time you run the job, you will create a new table. But you need to be mindful about the fact that when the period doesn't change, table need to be dropped or handled correctly.
~Kris
UPS
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by UPS »

kris wrote:Have a JOB parameter for the period and use it as part of the table name in the DATABASE stage.

something like
TEMPTABLE_#Param_Period#

Every time you run the job, you will create a new table. But you need to be mindful about the fact that when the period doesn't change, table need to be dropped or handled correctly.
The Parameter is a field in the sequential file. How do I pass it to the table name in the same job... If I say #DSLinkname.fieldname# in the table name, job parameter doesn't get resolved. I am using Oracle Enterprise stage with load option.

Thanks
SP
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can't. It must be a Job Parameter passed in from another source, like another job or routine. A Sequence job could easily do the trick, read the file to get the parameter value and then pass it to your processing job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job parameters must be defined in the job properties dialog. Use the fifth tool from the left on the toolbar, or Ctrl-J, to open this dialog.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
anshumangupta1206
Participant

Post by anshumangupta1206 »

[quote="UPS"]

You can pass the seq file value in the DS routine. The routime will set the parameter using 'DSSetParam ' function and call a job 'DSRunJob'.

Thanks.
wed