Problems with NLS map in sequential stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrJingle
Participant

Problems with NLS map in sequential stage

Post by MrJingle »

Hi everybody,
I'm having problems by using job parameter in NLS Map box in a sequential stage. (DS EE r. 7.5.1.A)

If I click 'View Data' by editing the project default as the parameter value, I get this:

FATAL ERROR (APT_CharsetConverterRep::initConv()): #JobParameter# is not a valid codepage.

This problem does not cause a runtime abort, but I need to test my development jobs, first.

Any suggestion?
shails
Participant

Post by shails »

What is the Job Parameter value you are using for NLS? What is the project default character set?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't believe that the NLS map property can be a job parameter.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

shails wrote:What is the Job Parameter value you are using for NLS? What is the project default character set?
The problem seems to appear by using ISO-8859-1 Code Page (that is my project default) as job parameter value.
By using ISO-8859-2 Code Page (with the appropriate file), I can have data preview, without any problem.

Ray, take a look to NLS tab in a (parallel) input sequential stage (DS 7.5.R.1A).