SQLSTATE=IM003 error after doing all

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

SQLSTATE=IM003 error after doing all

Post by shin0066 »

Hi,

I tried the site and i got information but after doing all the necessary thing still i am getting the same error SQLSTATE=IM003

I am using libdb2.so , our environment is Unix Aix - and the database i am trying to connect id DB2 8.0

1) added .odbc.ini file with odbc driver information
2) changed uvodbc.config file under the Projects/xxx project folder to reflect same <database>

3) while i am testing the odbc connect from universe prompt using DS_CONNECT <database> I am getting SQLSTATE=IM003 error.

I am confused why this error is coming, what does it mean by "Invalid Parameters found in configuration file"

Code: Select all

SQLConnect error:   Status = -1   SQLState = IM003   Natcode = 0
[ODBC] [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded
Invalid parameter(s) found in configuration file
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the pertinent entries from .odbc.ini and uvodbc.config

It may also be that your DB2 configuration file has something invalid in it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shin0066 »

Thanks Ray,

it is issue with the db2 libraries, DBA installed 64 bit libraries and it is pointing to 64 rather than 32 bit. Once that is set back to 32 bit drivers i am able to connect to DB2.

I have a question, does it matter if we source 64 drivers first and 32 bit drivers later in profile?

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For DataStage it definitely does. DataStage is a 32-bit application and must find the 32-bit libraries (and must find them before the 64-bit libraries if both are in the shared library search list).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
shin0066
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shin0066 »

Thanks for the info Ray.