DSExport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

DSExport

Post by Raftsman »

I am trying to setup a job that will extract multiple jobs in their own unique files. The reason is that I must import them into Visual Sourcesafe. I searched the forum for answers, downloaded some of KDukes scripts and tried to use them. No luck so far. Next I tried to run the DSEXport command from the DOS windows on my client. No luck either. Is there some place where example exist so that I may see how they work. I tried to use the documentation and the following command but no luck

dsexport.exe /D domain:9080 /H R101 /U billg /P paddock dstage2 C:/scratch/dstage2.dsx

And no luck. I was going to create a script that would export all jobs. I thought that KDukes script DataStageExport would work but it didn't.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

I have not tried it out, but check if the perl program in the below links helps.

viewtopic.php?t=113429&highlight=perl
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Code: Select all

SET DSExportCmd=C:\Progra~1\Ascential\DataStage7.5.1\DsExport.exe

%DSExportCmd% /H=%Host% /U=%User% /P=%Password% /JOB=%%i %Project% %%i.dsx
Should get you close.
Mamu Kim
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

I got the DatastageExport script to work and it exports jobs one by one. Because it invokes Datastage, once the export completes the first job, it requires user intervention to commence the next job. Is there a way to eliminate this. I would like the script to export all jobs without having to intervene.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

I am getting a warning message against the export telling me about omitted Read-only items. Is there a flagh to turn this off.
Jim Stewart
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

Does anyone have ant thoughts on this questions. I asked IBM and I am still awaiting a response.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The read only items is not a problem. These are items supplied with DataStage. It is easier to export all and cut the full export into one per job. There is a Perl script to do that.

I have 2 more ways to do this. We create a file with a list of jobs we want to export called JobList.txt. We just loop on this file until we have exported all the jobs in the list.

The second will use a dsjob command to create this list of all jobs in a project. Next we loop on this list.
Mamu Kim
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

We have so many versions of this script now. I need to post all of these. We can export the jobs from one project and import into a second. This is our migrate script. It compiles with dscc.exe afterwards. I may post it soon.
Mamu Kim
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

The DatastageExport script works well. It's the Datastage popup dialogue boxes that are the problem. The script requires manual intervention everytime an export job ends before the loop can continue. I haven't found a workaround yet.
Jim Stewart