How to delete Executables associated to a DataStage job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to delete Executables associated to a DataStage job

Post by jusami25 »

We are facing a weird situation with a DataStage job. When we try to compile and execute, the jobs gives several different kinds of errors, but when we create a copy of the same job and then try running, it works. We believe that the executable file associated to this job name is corrupted. Could anyone please advice us on how we could delete the executables associated to a job name (if you feel that could be the problem) If otherwise, could you please suggest us a solution. This is a showstopper in our project and any immediate help would be highly appreciated.
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

Rather than manually deleting the executables have you tried just deleting the job from Manager, then either reimporting the job our renaming one of the copies you said works?
jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jusami25 »

I've tried this option and doesn't work. Do you have any other solution?
Thanks
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

jusami25 wrote:I've tried this option and doesn't work. Do you have any other solution?
Thanks
If I didn't have the help of someone like Ray to explain exactly what to do to delete all the references to the job I would just create a new project and do and export/import of all the jobs. Once happy the new project works fine just delete the old one.
Regards,

Nick.
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

Having said that, have you tried rebuilding the repository?

if not.. login to Universe, log to the project that is having the problem, start ds.tools and choose the second option to rebuild the repository.

make sure everyone is out of datastage and nothing is running when you do this.

Code: Select all

cd $DSHOME
. ./dsenv
./bin/uvsh
LOGTO myPoject
DS.TOOLS
Regards,

Nick.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: How to delete Executables associated to a DataStage job

Post by chulett »

jusami25 wrote:When we try to compile and execute, the jobs gives several different kinds of errors
You may want to list the details of these 'several different kinds of errors' and let us know which are from the compile step and which are from the execute step.

Have you tried a 'force compile'? Does your job include a transformer?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to delete Executables associated to a DataStage job

Post by jusami25 »

I deleted the job from my project and I imported from another project and still not working,when I run the job get in a loop and not finish, then I have to kill the process. My job has one basic transformer and another transformer, it is a paralel job.