XML PACK : SIGSEGV error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML PACK : SIGSEGV error

Post by michaeld »

I'm getting this error in the XML Output stage:

Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGSEGV

The catch to this is that I don't always get the error. Somedays it works and some days it does not (with the same input). I've never had this problem before in other jobs, but this time the job contains 120 columns. Is there some sort of limit? The input has only 10 rows.

I've check the forum for SIGSEGV (segmentation fault) errors and I couldn't find anything to fix it.

The job is simple. It has an input data set stage, a transformer, and an output XML stage.

Has anybody had this problem?
Mike
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

We have opened a ticket with IBM, but if they do not come up with anything then I will simply generate the XML in a transformer stage.

I hope someone comes through with a solution :cry:
Mike
Raghava
Participant

Post by Raghava »

Give me some idea on job flow..And schema of ur source and target

We have faced this problem..But my flow is entirely differ from U..Actually we had some problem with Timestamp fields ..While loading timestaamp columsn in the target using upsert option we had some problem...But we resolved in some other Way...

SIG SEV means:Segmenattion error from Unix side
michaeld
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by michaeld »

the source is a data set.
the target is an xml output stage.
the only other stage is an intermediate transformer stage.

It's a mix of data types, but I don't think it's a data type problem because the exact same data runs okay and other times it does not (with the exact same data).
Mike