Using/Installing 3rd party ODBC Drivers

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manish1005
Participant

Using/Installing 3rd party ODBC Drivers

Post by manish1005 »

Hi,

I wish to use a third party ODBC driver with datastage. I installed the driver with unixODBC driver manager. The driver files were loaded to /usr/local/lib.

I wish to use this driver with DataStage ODBC stage. I made corresponding entries in .odbc.ini & uvodbc.config, added /usr/local/lib in LD_LIBRARY_PATH, and can use it from dssh shell with DS_CONNECT. But I am not able to use the driver from Parallel Jobs ODBC stage.

Documentation mentioned somewhere that "You should be aware that you can only use one ODBC Driver Manager at a time, however. This means you cannot use third party drivers at the same time as you use the DataStage drivers, and you have to perform some reconfiguration
to switch between the two types." Does it have anything to do with my issue?

Please Suggest.
chanaka
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Using/Installing 3rd party ODBC Drivers

Post by chanaka »

Hi Manish,

I am also attempting to do the same thing. However in my case I am unable to connect from DSSH. It is giving the below error as a result.

>CONNECT MYSQLPROD2
Enter username for connecting to 'MYSQLPROD2' DBMS [dsadm]: clearwiredw
Enter password for clearwiredw:
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 11. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program CONNECT at address b24.
Segmentation fault

Apart from setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib and PATH to /usr/bin do we have to do any other modifications to configure a thirdparty odbc driver manager with DataStage?

Thanks in advance!

Chanaka
Chanaka Wagoda